Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Five months, and the first update since is about one of the characters

With character creation, I usually just write quick notes about their appearance, their age, likes, dislikes, and some things about thier history. Such as with Namiko, she started off as a character called Natsuko, her age at 19, and a more depressing history than Namiko has. After scrapping the story that Natsuko was in, I noted that she was more interesting than the main character of the story, and then while putting together the characters for Fortress Avalon, I really wanted to use the Natsuko character for a story, so she was used as a template for Namiko. I wanted to resurrect the story that Natsuko was in sometime in the future, so I changed the name, I noted that Namiko meant "Child of the waves", and I honestly do know why I chose the name, but I think that it would be interesting to see what the readers make of it. I also changed the character history to make a change from Feudal Japan to fantasy. Namiko's history is a lot less depressing than Natsuko's, and I'm kinda spilling the beans on Namiko's history, while with Natsuko's I wanted to make her a mysterious character, so no one will be seeing her history up here for quite some time.

No comments: